||Location: Home > Learn
Learn about the Linux Operating System, Open Source tools, system administration, and many other topics.
Many of the linked resources reside here on the tux.org site. Resources outside the tux.org website are marked "(outside link)" and will open in a new browser window.
If you have suggestions for resources that would be useful to the community and should appear here, please send email to 'webmaster at tux dot org'.
The Linux OS
- What is Linux? - What is this Linux thing anyway?
- GoLinux - GoLinux is a starting point for people who are interested in learning more about the Linux operating system and the community of friendly people that develop, promote and support it.
Meeting Talks and Articles
Q: "I am a new xxxxx user. How can I learn about it?"
A: Learning is a lifelong process and picking up good habits can help smooth your way.
- Try to get in the habit of thoroughly reading all of the documentation supplied with your software.
- Use your favorite Internet search engine to look for resources about the topic.
- If you are up to the challenge, read the source code of the program. Even if you can't understand every line, you can often understand the flow of the program.
- After expiring all of these resources, post a question on the mailing list of your local User Group or a Usenet group.
- Attend the meetings of your local User's Group and ask the question in an open forum or solicit personal assistance.
- And don't forget, once you have learned a topic, be willing to offer help or answers to others on that topic.